SEK International School El Castillo runs its own SEKMUN Model United Nations and also takes part in other MUNs both in Spain and abroad.
This is an educational-cultural project authorised by the UN, which is a simulation of the General Assembly and other multilateral agencies.
The tenth SEKMUN – Model United Nations applied to teaching – was held between 14 and 16 March 2017 at the University Camilo José Cela and SEK International School El Castillo.
First Committee: International Disarmament and Security.
- All aspects of the illegal small arms trade A/RES/70/49
- The relationship between disarmament and development A/RES/70/32
Second Committee: Economic and Financial Affairs
- Science, technology and innovation for development. A/RES/70/213
- Agricultural development, food security and nutrition. A/RES/70/223-
- 22 December 2015, GA/11746
Third Committee: Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Affairs
- Measures to improve the coordination of the fight against human trafficking. A/RES/70/179
- Social development, including aspects relevant to the world social situation and young people, ageing, disabled people and the family (A/57/545), (A/56/572)
- The threat of foreign terrorist fighters. Measures to stem the flow of foreign fighters. S/2015/93
- United Nations peace keeping operations. S/RES/2272 (2016)
UNICEF EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Young people in building peace and fighting against the rise of violent extremism. S/RES/2250 (2015)
- Measures to ensure education in disaster areas.
- The International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development
- The development of tourism in Africa threatened by crimes against wildlife.
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
- Protection of Human Rights in the fight against terrorism.
https://documents-ddsny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/LTD/G15/140/72/PDF/G1514072.pdf?OpenElement http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Terrorism/Pages/SRTerrorismIndex.aspxhttp://ap.ohchr.org/documents/dpage_e.aspx?s=33 .
- Extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions.
A/HRC/4/20/Add.1 12 March 2007
UNESCO Executive Board
- Policy interventions and process to reducing the use of internet as a tool for youth extremism and radicalization.
- Homophobic and transphobic violence at school. Education sector responses.
- Economic and social repercussions of the Israeli occupation on the living conditions of the Palestinian people in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and the Arab population in the occupied Syrian Golan.
- Taking action against gender-related killing of women and girls.
- Measures to reduce losses and food waste. http://www.fao.org/save-food/en/
- Preventing and reducing child labour in agriculture. http://www.fao.org/childlabouragriculture/en/